According to RESA (Real Estate Staging Association) 2011 statistics, it does not benefit the homeowner to list their property first to see if it will sell. When you invest in staging before listing, homes sell 79% faster.
WHY HIRE A PROFESSIONAL STAGER vs. DOING IT YOURSELF?
- Market Ready Home Stagers are trained professionals and understand exactly what is needed to get your property prepared for sale. They understand current market conditions and know how to get the job done. Homeowners do not practice this professionally and may not understand market conditions and other important information that dictates how the home should be presented.
- Professional stagers develop relationships with industry partners like painters, carpet installers, carpet cleaners, roof repairers, etc. that can benefit you because stagers can pass on savings. In addition, you will gain peace of mind knowing you are more likely to get quality service from people we work with on a regular basis. Homeowners may have to pay retail or rely on friends and family to refer a service provider. Do-it-yourselfers won’t have the luxury of a previous working relationship to ensure a job well done.
- Homeowners do not have the ability to “see what the buyer sees,” because they are not trained in this capacity and it is difficult to be objective about their own home. Staging is an art and a science. Without training and experience, the outcome is less sure.
- Staged properties will sell faster when compared with houses that have not been staged. From the date of listing until the day of closing, home staging shortens this time frame, even in a slow real estate market.
- Buyers view professionally staged listings as “well-maintained.”
- Buyers’ agents recognize that professionally staged listings are “move-in” ready and are inclined to show staged properties.